Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Visual Studio 2008 Install-Fest

Wow i am going to the VS 2008 Install-Fest on Dec. 13th in Indianapolis, Courtesy of Indy .NET User group. Hope I get a free copy of VS 2008.

IndyNDA [indynda.org] has restricted the number of free VS 2008 distributed to 175. I don’t see this kind of restriction in any other Install-Fest held around the country.

Also I don’t understand why Indy developers have this restriction while others around the country enjoy a free copy if they attend install-fest. Are Indy .NET developers being discriminated?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were no restrictions. We were just limited by space and the number of copies we had available. From what I understand, there were 30+ people who showed up that wasn't able to get a copy of VS2008. They were still able to partake in the festivities, however.

We will have additional events in the next few months where people will have an opportunity to get a free copy of VS2008. Keep an eye on http://davebost.com/blog for those announcements.

Thanks for attending the InstallFest!

Saran said...

You are right Dave. I understood the numbers once I attended the install fest. I also read a couple of blogs about other install fests around the nation.

Most of them say around 300 people attended the fest and 200 copies of VS 2008 being handed out. I don’t want to be the 201st guy :-).

The way IndyNDA has organized, I was sure im gona get a copy. That was good.

Saravanan Kanagaraj